Five Benefits of Getting Porcelain Dental Veneers from a Cosmetic Dentist
Do you feel self-conscious about your smile and try to hide it whenever possible? You may have dental imperfections that look ungainly when smiling and wish you could improve them to help you smile unhesitatingly before everyone.
Fortunately, cosmetic dentists
have an excellent solution to help you achieve your goal and make you more confident by correcting minor dental flaws affecting your smile. For example, they can offer you porcelain veneers to restore tooth damage such as discoloration or other imperfections.
If you wonder how porcelain veneers can help enhance your smile, here are five benefits of getting dental veneers in Markham, ON
, by confidently seeking treatment for your dental flaws. Veneers are excellent if you want the following:
14th Avenue Dentistry
- Veneers Are Natural-looking: porcelain tooth veneers are fabricated from impressions the cosmetic dentist takes of your teeth. The images ensure you can expect the porcelain shells’ colour and contouring to mimic your tooth enamel. Besides appearing natural, porcelain veneers also feel natural. The ceramic surfaces hide discoloured or cracked teeth like a protective shell, enabling you to eat and speak normally. After your porcelain veneers arrive from the dental lab, the cosmetic dentist will make some adjustments by removing tooth enamel or matching its colour. It indicates your dental veneers are customized to fit over your teeth to make them appear and feel natural.
- Dental Veneers Fix Numerous Dental Issues: Porcelain veneers help fix numerous dental issues that impact your smile. The problems include gaps between teeth, chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth, discoloured teeth from injuries or infections, and uneven teeth to give you a symmetrical smile. If you have a minor dental problem, you can discuss it with the cosmetic dentist to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for porcelain veneers. In addition, porcelain veneers help to boost your confidence by covering discoloured teeth and closing gaps between them.
- Durable and Stain Resistant: are you aware that porcelain cosmetic veneers are stain resistant and can resist tooth decay better than your natural teeth? You can expect the ornamental shells to remain on your teeth for a decade or 15 years with proper care. However, if you care for the surfaces like your natural teeth, you can extend their longevity to over two decades. For example, excessive coffee, tea, and red wine consumption can stain most dental veneers fabricated using composite resin or laminates. However porcelain cosmetic veneers resist stains unlike other versions. Dental veneers are cosmetic shells covering your front teeth, making it challenging to bite on hard foods like ice or hard Candy because they can chip and break the veneers. However, if you care for your teeth appropriately and refrain from using them for purposes other than eating foods, using your teeth for purposes they are not designed for can make you need replacements faster than imagined.
- Minimally Invisible Procedure: Unlike dental restorations like crowns, restoring damaged teeth with cracks and other defects requires minimal preparation. The cosmetic dentist removes half a millimetre of tooth enamel from the tooth’s front surface to accommodate the porcelain shells on your teeth. If you think removing a millimetre of tooth enamel is excessive to accommodate dental veneers, the situation changes dramatically if you decide in favour of dental crowns requiring complete reshaping to have the tooth cap encase the tooth. As porcelain veneers are bonded to the front of the tooth’s surface that remains visible when you smile, the procedure helps retain most tooth structures. The tooth enamel removal procedure is uncomfortable, but the cosmetic dentist ensures comfort by giving you local anesthesia.
- Easy Maintenance: maintaining the porcelain shells on your teeth requires no more effort than maintaining excellent dental hygiene. Dental veneers covering the front surfaces of your teeth need cleaning by brushing twice daily, flossing once and getting six-monthly dental checkups and cleanings to eliminate dental plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth. The easy maintenance helps keep the natural white sheen of the veneers to help you enjoy a beautiful smile for many years. In addition, as the shells are nonporous, they can resist permanent stains and tooth decay better than your natural teeth. However, they are not resistant to cavities because the rear surfaces of your teeth are exposed to the vagaries of your mouth, making dental hygiene an essential requirement to safeguard your smile and protect your investment in porcelain dental veneers.
helps correct many dental defects affecting patients’ smiles to boost their confidence. If you arrange your meeting with them, you can make your smile appear beautiful by getting porcelain veneers on your defective teeth.